Organisationstheorie (ehemals P&O)
- Course type: Lecture
- Rhythm: Lecture each winter term & exam in winter and summer term
- Coordination: This course is offered together with the Institute for Leadership and Organization.
- Grading: Exam
- Credits: 6 ECTS in P11 (Allgemeine Betriebswirtschaftliche Grundlagen)
- SWS: 4
Language of Instruction
The lecture aims at offering students insights into the concepts of organization theory, which helps to understand how organizations can be managed more effectively. Organizations are continuously faced with a number of challenges. For example:
- How can organizations adapt to competitors, customers, the government, and creditors?
- What strategic and structural changes are needed to attain effectiveness?
- How can managers cope with the problems of coordination?
- What kind of corporate culture is needed to enhance the organization’s innovation?
These are some of the topics that will be discussed in the lecture, which is divided into two parts. In the lecture, key terms and concepts of organization theory are presented. In the exercises, these aspects will be applied to real-life problems through the use of case studies and open discussions to generate an in-depth understanding of organization theory.
The course is offered together with the Institute for Leadership and Organization (ILO). The teaching alternates between the two chairs every second winter term.
The language of instruction is English and a resit exam is scheduled in the following summer semester.
- Relevant documents will be uploaded on Moodle
- Moodle course link and passcode available on lecture and tutorial LSF
24.02.2022, 13:30-14:30, more information on (virtual) format tba
In response to the ongoing Corona (SARS-CoV-2) pandemic, this course will be taught virtually. Specifically:
- Lecture recordings will be uploaded over the Moodle course link
- Tutorial ZOOM link tba in first tutorial slides provided over the Moodle course link
(For Moodle course link and passcode, see LSF links above in "Relevant Documents" section)
10 to 12 (c. t.)
Wednesdays and Thursdays
Wednesdays: 2-4pm (c.t.)
Thursdays: 8-10am (c.t.)
Virtual (ZOOM Live)